• Tissue paper is produced on a paper machine that has a single large steam heated drying cylinder (Yankee dryer) fitted with a hot air hood. The raw material is paper pulp. The Yankee cylinder is sprayed with adhesives to make the paper stick. Creping is done by the Yankee's doctor blade that is scraping the dry paper off the cylinder surface. The crinkle (crêping) is controlled by the strength of the adhesive, geometry of the doctor blade, the speed difference between the Yankee and final section of the paper machine, and paper pulp characteristics. The report covers all the major trends and drivers playing a vital role in the growth of the global market. The market has been segmented on the basis of region, product, and distribution channel.
• The global Tissue Paper market is primarily driven by growth in the use of facial tissues. One of the significant evolutions in this sector was the introduction of facial tissues under the Kleenex brand by Kimberly Clark Corporation. This introduction was aimed at replacing cloth towels with facial tissue paper for removing facial cold cream. Slowly, several companies introduced facial tissues as substitutes for disposable handkerchiefs. It is mainly driven by increasing disposable income and improving the lifestyle of people across the globe. Another macro factor driving the market is the increasing focus on hygiene by consumers. The prevalence of allergies, cold, and cough is rising, and carrying cotton handkerchiefs may not be natural.
• However, major restraint to the tissue paper market is the instability of the pulp price and the inability to predict it. The amount of the pulp depends on a range of factors such as seasonal demand, the influence of foreign producers, etc.
• By product, the global tissue paper market is segmented into Toilet paper, Kitchen & hand towels, Napkins, and Facial Tissues. In 2018, Toilet paper accounted for the significant share in the market. Continuous research has led to the discovery of improved varieties of toilet paper. Ultra toilet paper is the latest innovation in the field. Ultra toilet paper is produced using a newer technology where the air is blown into the fibers during the drying process. Such innovations are enhancing the growth of the toilet paper market.
• By application, the global tissue paper market is segmented into At Home (AH) and Away from Home (AfH). In 2018, At home segment accounted for the significant share in the market. However, strong demand for AFH (Away From Home) segment is driving the tissue paper market. The rise in disposable income, an increase in the traveling trend, and increased rate of eating out contribute to the rising demand. Tissue paper is much more dependent on the population increase mostly in mature markets which have high consumption per capita.
• By geography, the global Tissue Paper market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, South America, and the Middle East and Africa (MEA).
• The developing markets in Asia, especially China, are driving the global tissue market growth. Chinese tissue paper market is expected to grow at a steady rate of 6% during the forecast period. Tissue consumption per capita is growing faster than GDP per capita. Brown Tissue (unbleached, often for instance Bamboo based) increases rapidly based on the environmental image and is expected to account some one-third of the total Chinese tissue market by 2026.
• The growth rate in North America has been above-trend levels. Increasing disposable income resulting from increasing in traveling and eating out contribute to the Away-from-Home tissue demand. Consumer tissue is much more dependent, for instance, on the population increase, especially on a mature market with already very high consumption per capita.
• Latin American countries have continued to suffer from political and economic instability and varying financial performance. Tissue market development has changed between different countries. Brazil and Argentine account for the majority share in South America. Brazil has been in a deep recession, and the tissue demand has declined.
• Tissue Paper market is highly competitive, and thus, manufacturers continuously focus on developing new strategies to grab more number of customers across the globe. To that end, besides expanding their presence, companies are expected to formulate effective distribution strategies to make their presence felt in the upcoming markets for Tissue Paper.
• These factors are also driving the tissues market. On the other hand, manufacturers of facial tissues are challenged by the increasing fragmentation of the market, with a large number of local players entering the market. Moreover, the existing manufacturers can avail growth opportunities in the market in developing countries by understanding the religious and cultural norms and targeting those specific consumers in these countries.
• Another opportunity for leading players to retain their market share is the innovative packaging by paying attention to aesthetics and formats of the design elements of packaging. Consumers from developing countries are opting for luxurious and ultra-absorbent tissues. Another trending product in the tissues market is the unbleached and 100% recyclable facial tissues.
• The major players in the market areKimberly-Clark Corporation, Essity AB, Georgia-Pacific LLC, Asia Pulp and Paper Group, and Procter & Gamble. Other prominent players in the market are Sofidel Group, CMPC Tissue S.A., WEPA Hygieneprodukte GmbH, Metsä Group, and Cascades Inc.
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.